Collection of information
The type of information collected by Senetas generally includes the following:
- addresses (including e-mail addresses)
- telephone and facsimile numbers
- other information such as your occupation
The information held by Senetas may come from a number of sources including:
- existing and new contacts and customers of the company
- when you contact us by mail, email or online
- public sources
- visitor information related to www.senetas.com, web traffic data and data related to your browser type and PC—on the basis of your IP Address. This data cannot identify you personally.
- potential employees
- independent contractors
We do not collect sensitive information about you – for example; race, ethnicity, religion, politics, health or legal records.
The purposes for which Senetas uses this information
Senetas collects personal information from you when it is reasonably necessary for a business purpose. A business purpose may include the following:
- for marketing and sales initiatives such as Senetas publications, events and business programs
- to open and administer customer accounts
- to administer independent contractors of the company
- to comply with legal obligations
- to consider applications for employment by the company.
As a general rule, Senetas will not disclose personal information other than for its primary purpose of collection, unless:
- the individual has consented to the use or disclosure; or
- Senetas has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Senetas is unlikely to disclose any of your personal information to any overseas recipients.
Senetas will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
Senetas will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Senetas will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Senetas has set out in this document its policies on management of personal information and will make this document available to anyone who asks for it.
On request by a person, Senetas will take reasonable steps to let the person know, generally, what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
Access and correction
Senetas will, on request and verification of identity, provide access to your personal information.
There are circumstances under Australian privacy laws where we may not give you access to the personal information we hold about you. For example, we cannot give you access if it would unreasonably affect someone else’s privacy or, if giving you access poses a serious threat to someone’s life, health or safety.
There will be no cost for accessing the personal information we hold about you. If there are errors in the information we hold about you, please contact us on email@example.com.
How may an individual complain about possible breaches of privacy by Senetas?
A complaint by an individual regarding an alleged breach of privacy by Senetas should be forwarded in writing to the following address:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Senetas Corporation Limited
312 Kings Way
South Melbourne 3205
The Privacy Complaints Enquiry Officer will be made available to investigate and resolve the complaint internally through mediation with the individual.
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992
Senetas Corporation Limited ABN 33 006 067 607
Last Updated: 4 March, 2015